- WARNING TIGHT-ASSED LIBS: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE, DON'T READ THIS BLOG!
- JOHN F. KERRY'S COMMENTS REFLECT WHAT THE DEMOCRATS TRULY THINK ABOUT OUR TROOPS
- WE ARE "pro-America" "pro-Wal-Mart" & "pro-Israel" BLOGGERS
- HOW MANY DAYS UNTIL THE LIBERAL MEDIA REPORTS ON LIBERAL SENATOR "DINGY" HARRY REID AND HIS LAND SCANDAL AND ILLEGAL USE OF CAMPAIGN FUNDS?
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
UH Veterans Office Can Use OUR Help (Calling all Veterans - Feb 17th)
It has come to my attention, that on Friday, February 17th there is going to be a public comment period from 11:45am to Noon in reference to the UH Veterans Service Office budget.
The Veterans Office budget has been lacking as of late, and it is time for UH Veteran students to come and help out those in the Veterans Office who have helped us in the past, by speaking and helping them get more funding and personnel to make the Veterans Office more effective in helping UH Veterans with their campus needs.
If you have some free time on Friday in the late morning, please come and say a few words on behalf of the Veterans Office. Tell the SFAC what they have done for you. To participant, go to the Bluebonnet Room on the UC Second Floor on Friday, February 17th, at 11:45am. It won't take long.
I know the UH Veterans Office has helped out a lot of us in one way or another over the years, and they have really been getting the short end of the budget as of late, and its time we UH Veterans step up to the plate and give sometime back.
I got some numbers from my Taj Mahal friend The Shadow and the numbers for the International Student and Scholar Services Office is almost ten times that of the Veterans Office. I wonder how much UH spends on protecting gay marriage each year? I bet its more than what it spends on UH Veterans.
If you are a Veteran and unaware of what the Veterans Office does, they:
- Assistance through the admissions process, financial aid, class registration, and the credit evaluation of military training and VA health benefits
- Transition assistance to aid in readjustment to civilian life
- Unlimited, free access to computers, local telephone calls, and facsimile transmittals
- Access to state-of-the-art computer lab
So UH Veterans please do your part to make the UH Veterans Office better for now and in the future.
I hope that Liberal and Conservative Veterans show up and defend the Veterans Office.
Anon is also right, just as the brutality of the Green Dragoons in the movie "The Patriot" made "The Ghost," so has the audacity of UH liberalism made me.
I will declare a unilateral Cease Fire on the Libs effective immediately until after Friday's meeting in the hopes that this act of good faith will encourage even our liberal detractors and sparring partners to do the right thing and support Veterans' Services. We all need to do this one.
A Veteran with no political affilliation whatsoever.
Links to this post: